C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2011-05-03 05:32:02

davidww1

C&C Smile

This may come rather late for many, as most clubs are launched now. However, note for the future that West System G/flex Epoxy has maintained a smooth, gap-free joint for a full season and a lay-up (which I think stresses the forward part of the joint more than sailing).

Last spring, I found that a considerable chunk of filler had fallen from the joint. After the usual flailing around, I called Gougeon Brothers' tech support and asked their opinion. They said that one of their mob had had a similar problem with a different type of boat and everything seemed okay at that point, so I ordered some G/flex (it's not always available in stores). I cleaned the joint back to bare glass and bare lead and applied the G/flex.

G/flex Epoxy is thick, but it still runs over time, so I filled the joint and then wrapped the area with plastic wrap buttressed with cardboard, duct tape, a couple of 2x4 props, the kitchen sink and a few other items that fell to hand as a "form" to hold the epoxy in place. Next day, when the form was removed, I had a filled joint with negligible sag. A light sand, some VC-17 and we were ready for the Travellift.

David Weatherston
Towser, Toronto
C&C 27 Mk IV

Last edited by (2011-05-03 05:32:50)

David Weatherston
Towser, Toronto
C&C 27 Mk IV

#2 2011-05-03 11:47:14

ALAN FORD

Re: C&C Smile

David, that is wonderful witchcraft and thus should jump into 'Black Arts' before it is lost on previous page 22........
Thanks.
Alan of SMOKE 1984 Mk V 002

Done. - Admin

Last edited by (2011-05-04 11:34:53)

Alan of SMOKE 1984 Mk V 002

Board footer