C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2004-10-05 16:01:28

SAILLOCO

C&C29MKII help

Greetings to the group.  A friend of mine is thinking of purchasing a C&C29MII and we are trying to find out the areas of the boat that need special checking.  We would like to know if there is a website or discussion group/fourm for that model like this one.  Thanks.

#2 2004-10-06 01:02:30

davidww1

Re: C&C29MKII help

I googled the term and didn't see much, but I only looked closely at the first two entries.

I can't help you with specifics of the model, but the problems with C&C's tend to be endemic to the construction method, so the biggie is water invasion of the core. This is a problem whose seriousness only an experienced surveyor can reliably determine unless the boat's a basket case. General appearance will give you clues to overall condition, but there is, for instance, a C&C I know of that looks great but has serious wetting in the hull (out of sight, out of mind, in this case, because the owner knows about the problem but won't address it).

After that, there are all the problems that accrete on a 20-yr old boat: tired engine, tired rigging, cushions whose foam is shot so you can't sleep comfortably, etc. - the usual catalogue that you think won't bug you, but end up driving you nuts.

If I recall, the 29 Mk II was very nice down below, but not a racing success (like the earlier 29, it took a lot of skill and close attention to get it moving). A friend, (a lifelong racer, who went cruising on one for two weeks characterized it as far too tender for comfortable cruising.

David Weatherston
Towser, Toronto
C&C 27 Mk IV

David Weatherston
Towser, Toronto
C&C 27 Mk IV

Board footer