C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2012-07-31 07:20:24

Steve Reid

Calling All Mark V's

Hello to all of the Mark V Owners out there, especially on Lake Ontario.
The C&C 27 Mark V's Championship is comming up on August 25/26 at Etobicoke Yacht Club. Scott Fraser, the new owner of Knotus Maximus (ex Minx)has identified at least 20 boats from Hamilton to Frenchmans Bay, it would sure be nice to have as many of them as possible out for the Championship There are are already 5 committed to being there. How about making it at least 8?

EYC always puts on a GREAT Regatta and excellant party. You can register by going to the LORC web site and clicking on "on line registration" for a secure registration connection.

If you are really keen, how about coing early and taking part in EYC's Thursday evening beer can race as a tune up and Jim Wente and I are planning on a tuning clinic on Friday night for all who are interested.

So come on out and enjoy the fun!

Steve Reid
Still Knot Working Mk V 375

#2 2012-08-03 12:42:14

ALAN FORD

Re: Calling All Mark V's

Steve, what time will you and Jim start your tuning clinic please?

Alan of SMOKE 1984 Mk V 002

#3 2012-08-03 12:50:34

Steve Reid

Alan: Are you planning on coming?

#4 2012-08-03 23:57:59

ALAN FORD

Steve, if you and Jim are doing an evening tuning clinic please count me in.
Sadly I will not be able to join you for the on-water event
Thanks

Last edited by (2012-08-04 00:01:18)

#5 2012-08-04 13:40:44

stargazer

hello all,

I'm new here to the association and to the C&C with 1986 my MK V, will certainly be attending the event and look forward to learning as much as I can.Eagerly looking forward to competing and will race when I have acquired enough time in the cockpit and polished up on the skills
This is my first time back on the water in almost 10 years or maybe more and have allot to refresh and learn

Lawrence Katz
'86 MkV #132

Last edited by (2012-08-04 13:51:45)

Lawrence Katz
'86 MkV #132
                                                                    Stargazer II
Fifty Point Marina

#6 2012-08-10 01:15:29

KnotiusMax

Huzzah Lawrence!
Hull # 132 wasn't on the list of mkVs I had compiled.  Where are you out of and what's her name?

As for waiting to race, this is my first season with the mkVs as well.  My experience has been that this class is very supportive of new "recruits".  It's also important to consider that EYC is one of the only regattas during the year we can race level with other mkVs.  The more the merrier!
Scott Fraser,
Knotius Maximus
Mk V - Hull 154
Toronto

Scott Fraser,
Knotius Maximus
Mk V - Hull 154
Toronto

#7 2012-08-10 01:26:58

stargazer

Scott,

I'm out of NYC and her name is Stargazer II

I'm eager to see the rest of the local fleet and their Captains
Lawrence Katz
'86 MkV #132

Lawrence Katz
'86 MkV #132
                                                                    Stargazer II
Fifty Point Marina

#8 2012-08-10 06:58:04

Steve Reid

Lawrence/Stargazer II:
We certainly hope you will come to the Regatta and Race. One of the best ways to learn about your boat is to participate in the racing and then soak up as much knowledge form the rest of us afterwards as we debrief (a different word of drink). I' m sure you will gain tremendously from being a part of the action.
Looking forward to meeting you both on and off the water.

Steve Reid
Still Knot Working #75

#9 2012-08-15 08:55:22

KnotiusMax

Lawrence,
Don't you have a few mkVs already racing out of NYC?  Have you considered forming a 'team' to come out to the EYC Levels.  I did also note a post on Nationals classifieds looking for a mkV.  Wonder if they would like to come out.
Scott Fraser,
Knotius Maximus
Mk V - Hull 154
Toronto

Scott Fraser,
Knotius Maximus
Mk V - Hull 154
Toronto

#10 2012-08-16 13:28:20

Steve Reid

Still not seeing a lot of action here. Come on it's going to be a great event, that will be even GREATER with your participation.
What's holding you back? You don't have to be the best racer to get out there. you might find out that your not that far off the mark.
Can't find crew/ I've got 2 people who would love to get on a boat, so I can set you up, but don't wait too long or they will get picked up by someone else.
All you have to do is go to LORC.org and register.

Steve Reid
Still Knot Working

#11 2012-08-17 02:17:55

davidww1

Steve, the club site says "August 24 & 25", the SI's say 25 and 26. That confusion may be a limiting factor.

David Weatherston
Towser, Toronto
C&C 27 Mk IV

David Weatherston
Towser, Toronto
C&C 27 Mk IV

#12 2012-08-17 12:35:37

Steve Reid

David:
Good point, but given that most Regattas are run on a Saturday/Sunday I would hope that most people could figure it out. Also if people go to the LORC site they will see that it's the 25/26.
The poster on the LORC site also lists it as 25/26. I will send an email to the club manager and get it corrected on the clubs web site asap. Perhaps we could post something on the home page of the 27 web site goven that the Ottawa Regatta is now a thing of the past.

Steve

Board footer