C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2013-06-11 04:41:55

ciaran

Holding Tank Replacement

Hi,

I have a 1972 C&C 27 Mark 1.

The holding tank is leaking. It looks impossible to remove without ripping out cabinetry.

It is vertical and located directly behind the head.

Anyone familiar?

Thanks,
Ciaran Ganley
"Barco de Vela"
Scarborough, Ont.

Last edited by (2013-06-14 12:17:11)

Ciaran Ganley

#2 2013-06-11 10:04:22

KenPole

Re: Holding Tank Replacement

Use the search option on the line below the welcome message to find "holding tank". There is useful advice on how to do it.
Ken Pole, Ottawa
1975 Mark III Santiva

Ken Pole, Ottawa
1975 Mark III Santiva

#3 2013-06-24 07:35:06

ciaran

Thank you.

I have found it to be very helpful.

Ciaran
Ciaran Ganley

Ciaran Ganley

#4 2013-06-28 22:45:32

syllap

Hi,
  You can also make your own, not that complicated to do with plywood and epoxy. If you had a proto tank you can re-use the original fitings ( I chose not to setup the recycle fittings ). I made mine more than 12 years ago and still no leaks/smell.

Sylvain Laplante
La Belle Poule1975 C&C27 MkIII  ( Hull 475 )

Sylvain Laplante
La Belle Poule C&C27 MkIII

#5 2013-07-02 03:29:26

davidww1

Sylvain's tank reminds me of one a friend fabricated out of an old cardboard box and masking tape, which were free/cheap and easy to work with. He coated this with wax. Then covered the cardboard model with glass and epoxy (to make it odourproof) and installed it. The contents of the tank gradually broke down the cardboard and it came out with successive pumpouts. This gave him maximum volume for the small space.

David Weatherston
Towser, Toronto
C&C 27 Mk IV

Last edited by (2013-07-02 03:34:06)

David Weatherston
Towser, Toronto
C&C 27 Mk IV

Board footer