C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2003-07-24 18:06:57

Frank Marsden

height of bunk bases

The small drawings on the website show the top of the bunk mouldings at about lwl.
Has anyone checked this out?
I would like to glass in a box around the log through hull, as I hate the idea of the boat sinking, whilst I struggle to get the transducer in.
I always remove the transducer when I leave the boat, due to the soup we sail in.
Frank Marsden

#2 2003-08-05 01:04:17

davidww1

Re: height of bunk bases

Forgive me for saying so, but it sounds like the proposed solution is going to add a problem where none existed. If you swap the transducer out on a regular basis, you are likely quite adept at it; what little water comes in probably just drains away into the bilge, out of the way.

If you make a box, that water will fill the seat area as you make the swap, making it difficult to see what you are doing and generally complicating things. If a _lot_ of water comes in during the exchange, it will, instead of flowing into a bilge that has room for it, fill your new tank then overflow all over the seat, sole, etc.

Far better to have a nice softwood plug to bang in the hole if there is a real problem. Thinking about jumping in the "soup" you speak of to bang in the plug should make you extra careful not to cross-thread or otherwise damage your transducer or its replacement.
David Weatherston
"Towser", Toronto
C&C 27 Mk IV

David Weatherston
Towser, Toronto
C&C 27 Mk IV

Board footer