C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2004-11-01 05:58:01

MkV traveller set up

The old traveller on my 'new' MkV is [let's try sub-optimal]. I'm thinking of replacing it. I'm planning to race the boat so want a pretty decent set-up. Any suggestions?

I was looking at the Harken stuff looks good - any other suggestions?

Also, when you guys race how much weight do you take off the boat? ie: empty tanks etc.

Last edited by (2004-11-01 11:44:44)

#2 2004-11-01 09:46:10

davidww1

Re: MkV traveller set up

Your traveller question appears to be answered, at least in part, in "Deck Layout (MkV) The fast set-up?" Have a look at the ideas expressed there and see if that doesn't help.

David Weatherston
Towser, Toronto
C&C 27 Mk IV

David Weatherston
Towser, Toronto
C&C 27 Mk IV

#3 2004-11-01 10:28:12

Jim

Re: MkV traveller set up

re: weight on the boat for racing - we're try to be careful to keep it light - but it is a 'racer cruiser' - so we don't get too hung up on it.
in the car trunk: cruising sails, my wife's picnic basket with enough cutlery 8 people
holding tank, water tank empty.  fuel tank 1/2 empty
moveable gear on the boat - try to keep in the middle and low.  Anchor & rode in the cabin, not the anchor well.  Sails on the cabin floor, or the starboard storage area. Keep stuff out of the quarterberth and out of the forepeak.
The weight that matters most? four or five guys on the rail in anything over 10 knots.
Jim
Distant Thunder
MKV Hull 69

Board footer