C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2015-01-13 11:19:57

Jeff McCarthy

Just Purchased C&C 27 Mark V

I just purchased 86 Mark V "Sand Dollar". Boat is in good shape, but I need to improve ventilation for hot Florida Days. Any suggestions? And Thanks!
Jeff McCarthy
1986 Mark V, Sails Call
Indian Harbour Beach, FL

Jeff McCarthy
1986 Mark V, Sails Call
Indian Harbour Beach, FL

#2 2015-01-14 01:04:32

davidww1

Re: Just Purchased C&C 27 Mark V

I hardwired one of these at the forward end of the v-berth and another on the main bulkhead over the dinette. They move a lot of air, they're quiet and they don't seem to draw much power. Lots of marine stores sell them (mine were from Genco).

Another option is to perch a standard window air conditioner on the foredeck and then construct a plenum leading to the forward hatch from scrounged cardboard and duct tape. Cooling that small space, a good unit can pull the temperature down to the point that ice will form around the waterline. Looks really stylishly yachty, too. (I wish I'd taken a photo - it was a C&C 25.)

David Weatherston
Towser, Toronto
C&C 27 Mk IV

David Weatherston
Towser, Toronto
C&C 27 Mk IV

#3 2015-01-18 21:17:38

Katara

Re: Just Purchased C&C 27 Mark V

depends on your budget , defender has a nice self contained 12 volt a/c unit

Wind scoops work well too

Gerard Warner