C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2004-11-07 12:26:31

Boat Cover

Anyone have recommendations of who makes good winter boat covers?

#2 2004-11-07 23:56:44

davidww1

Re: Boat Cover

Triton Sails, 905-891-8166, on Lakeshore Road near the turnoff for Port Credit YC. Traditional tarps plus a variety of newer fabrics, flat or shaped, with frame or make your own. They made the cover for my first boat and for Towser. Excellent quality.

David Weatherston
Towser, Toronto
C&C 27 Mk IV

David Weatherston
Towser, Toronto
C&C 27 Mk IV

#3 2004-11-08 02:15:53

KenPole

If, by "good", you mean frame, etc., Keeble Sales in Belleville (613) 968-9723, has an excellent track record, as evidenced by their many imitators. Their current price for a colour-coded aluminum frame and cover for a C&C 27 is approximately $1,300. Delivery takes about two weeks with their current order book. I have a friend who got more than 10 years out of his cover on his C&C 24 and just renewed the canvas from Keeble for about $700, so I'd assume new canvas for a 27 would be a couple of hundred dollars more. If, however, you are simply looking for a tarpaulin to put over a wooden A-frame arrangement, you can't go wrong with "hay tarps" from any agricultural supplier; a suitable one (25x30) should be about $200 and, if treated with respect, should last several years, perhaps even a decade if it doesn'g get flogged too much. That said, if your hull has been painted, a fitted cover would be better because it virtually eliminates the chafe that might originate from a rectangular tarp no matter how well it is cinched down. Good luck.
Ken Pole
Santiva
Ottawa

Ken Pole, Ottawa
1975 Mark III Santiva

#4 2004-11-23 13:38:02

I ended going up with the system where they make a cover that is like a tent that attaches to the toe rail with cable ties.  Works quite well. 
The frame is very easy to build.  2 saw horse stands.  5 2*4*8, 1 2*4*10.
Very easy to build and put together. 

Board footer