C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2015-12-07 08:59:54

doogymon

Flex-0-fold field reports

Hi

Any Skippers have comments on performance? Anomalies? Recommended sizes?

MKIII , Yanmar YSM 12 , 1" shaft and a leftie.

Do the folding prop vendors sell at the Boat shows? Toronto?

Also I am routinely amazed at the tip clearance, or lack there of,

by the stock fixed 2 blade 13x8. 

Cheers

Doog

#2 2015-12-07 12:54:00

davidww1

Re: Flex-0-fold field reports

See http://www.cc27association.com/fixes/props.html and search the Forum. As far as I know, Flex-o-Fold is only sold direct from New England. Helpful vendor and I'm still very happy with the prop. Other vendors at the Show, but I have no experience of them.

David Weatherston
Towser, Toronto
C&C 27 Mk IV

David Weatherston
Towser, Toronto
C&C 27 Mk IV

#3 2015-12-08 09:16:34

doogymon

Thanks very much David.

Will the C&C 27 Association be at the show?

Cheers

Doog

#4 2015-12-09 02:25:41

davidww1

People either recognize the value we offer or they don't. We're not into promoting that value.

Also, working the boat show (in fact any trade or consumer show) is a gruelling experience that no one would wish on his friends or himself. I used to sail one of the dinghies that is annually represented at the show – why we bothered I don't know and after about ten years of it, I simply refused to participate. I am 99% sure that we never attracted anyone new to the boats; mostly we talked to tiresome old parties who would launch into interminable reminiscences of some imperfectly recalled experience now best lost in the mists of time, or people who were dreaming of sailing around the world but had been chased off the stands for larger boats because they were suspected of being mentally defective. Sundays are Divorced Dads Days, when men with weekend custody of the little brutes would bring them in for an Uplifting & Educational Experience, so you'd have to go through the motions of explaining the appeal of sailing a small boat, while the brutes would stand oblivious, calculating when they could weasel another hot dog out of the old man. Occasionally (this is more common on stands where something is being sold), you'd get some totally resentful prick who had wandered in a building fury through the whole thing, getting madder and madder because it was gradually dawning on him that he couldn't afford anything that would attract the pneumatic 20-yr-old sex-slave of his dreams – so he'd take it out on you in some utterly poisonous passive-aggressive fashion. One particularly weird episode featured a 27 sailor who excoriated me for failing to recognize his fantastic contributions to this site, which had revived it from somnolence, saved it from irrelevance, in fact (uh-hunh).

On the other hand, you do get a free ticket to the show. But despite the lure of that offer, I don't think we have plans in that direction.

David Weatherston
Towser, Toronto
C&C 27 Mk IV

Last edited by (2015-12-09 03:52:43)

David Weatherston
Towser, Toronto
C&C 27 Mk IV

Board footer