C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2004-11-15 02:30:54

Windows

Does anyone know how to re-bed windows in a '77 vintage C&C 27 Mk III? I had one pop out during a race yesterday (we got a 2nd in 20 kn winds, gusting to 25 or more).
Fred

#2 2004-11-15 04:06:18

KenPole

Re: Windows

If they're the originals, retained by a rubber gasket, the fact that one of them popped out suggests they're overdue for replacement. South Shore Yachts in Niagara-on-the-Lake stocks the two extrusions  and charged me $130 for enough to do my Mark III this summer. I converted the one above the head to an opening port. I had mine by mail within three days of ordering them by phone. It's a bit of a no-brainer job to install the new ones if you follow the instructions South Shore packages with the extrusions. As for the ports themselves, any reputable plastics shop will cut new Acrylic or Lexan; I opted for the latter because it's inherently stronger even though some people say it's more susceptible to UV degradation. My local shop, Canus Plastics, charged me $30 to do the two big ports and one small one, using my old ones as templates. Good luck.
Ken Pole
Santiva
Ottawa

Ken Pole, Ottawa
1975 Mark III Santiva

#3 2004-11-16 07:03:22

davidww1

Re: Windows

There is an extensive article on replacement of all window types in Black Arts.

David Weatherston
Towser, Toronto
C&C 27 Mk IV

David Weatherston
Towser, Toronto
C&C 27 Mk IV

Board footer