C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2016-11-27 13:09:22

Signet gauges

Quick question. I have been looking to upgrade all my electronics and have been looking at RAYMARINE. However, I have been also looking at the latest Signet offerings and am quite impressed. They will fit in the existing openings and as a building design engineer I have utilized Signet outside the marine industry with some pretty good results. So my question is, is it worth the additional 600.00 US to go with the Signet in lieu of the RAYMARINE?

As always, any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Martin
C&C 27 Mark III 1978

Hull#670

"Shifts and Giggles"

C&C 27 Mark III 1978
Hull#670
"Shifts and Giggles"

#2 2016-11-28 03:08:15

davidww1

Re: Signet gauges

Call me an aesthetic obsessive, but it's worth $600 to avoid either rebuilding a bulkhead to accommodate a new style of instrument or having to put up with instruments mounted on a piece of plywood. Also, Signet has a reputation for longevity not matched by Raymarine. Nice instruments, but their quality seems to swing from year to year.

David Weatherston
Towser, Toronto
C&C 27 Mk IV

Last edited by (2016-11-28 05:10:45)

David Weatherston
Towser, Toronto
C&C 27 Mk IV

Board footer