C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2018-10-17 06:09:48

JWente

MK2 Shaft and Prop

Posting this for an owner of a MK2:

Hello there.
I am trying to find out the distance from the center of the end of the 7/8 shaft to the hull please so that I know how big a propeler i need to buy.
I also am trying to find out the exact width of the key way thats on the taper of the shaft.
I’ve looked everywhere in the forum and black arts and have gotten nowhere! Can you please help me with this information or point me in the right direction? It would be greatly appreciated.
Best regards
Edmond

#2 2018-10-17 08:28:05

davidww1

Re: MK2 Shaft and Prop

Choosing a prop based solely on the distance between the end of the shaft and the surface of the hull won't give you enough data to make a good choice. There are too many other variables to consider - that's why we have the props page, so people can list their choices and their degree of satisfaction with it. If you're buying new, let me say I've had good luck with manufacturer's suggestions.

I will try to get a keyway dimension next week.

David Weatherston
Towser, Toronto
C&C 27 Mk IV

David Weatherston
Towser, Toronto
C&C 27 Mk IV

#3 2018-11-10 04:33:13

davidww1

Re: MK2 Shaft and Prop

The keyway on my old shaft measures 0.25 inch wide and the key is 0.25 deep.

This matches the spec for an SAE 7/8" shaft given in this table.
https://www.techboat.com/Bibliotheque/SAE_%20dimension.pdf

David Weatherston
Towser, Toronto
C&C 27 Mk IV

David Weatherston
Towser, Toronto
C&C 27 Mk IV

Board footer