C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2005-02-14 08:49:29

KenPole

Mast wiring

Before I stored my Mark III's mast for the winter, in a location that is not easily accessible because of snow buildup, I neglected to check whether the in-mast wiring is run through a conduit. If so, is it plastic or aluminum and how is it fastened? Thanks in advance.
Ken Pole
Santiva
Ottawa

Ken Pole, Ottawa
1975 Mark III Santiva

#2 2005-02-14 09:16:52

davidww1

Re: Mast wiring

There won't be a conduit in an original mast unless a previous owner installed one. There's a thread called, "Clanging inside Mast", with a number of suggestions for accomplishing the same ends as are achieved by a conduit.

David Weatherston
Towser, Toronto
C&C 27 Mk IV

David Weatherston
Towser, Toronto
C&C 27 Mk IV

#3 2005-02-15 00:46:51

Re: Mast wiring

Look at the front and rear of the mast and see if you have a run of rivets the full length.  If so, you probably have an interior conduit.  Since you have it down, you should be able to readily see. Modern manufacturers don't do it anymore unless you get into real "yachts".  My '72 has a conduit.
Warren Smith
Serendipity
Galveston Bay, Texas

Board footer