C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2003-05-20 23:50:46

Head Plumbing

Having just replaced my head I find that I can't get a good seal on the outlet side hose that goes to the holding tank.  This hose travels under the sink and then disappears up under the port side somewhere.  Where does it go? Can it be replaced without removal of all the cabnets etc. in the head?  I'm not sure I even know the location of the holding tank?

#2 2003-05-21 02:19:40

davidww1

Re: Head Plumbing

On my 27, the holding tank is under the V-berth and I expect that's true of your boat as well. Remove the cushions and have a look.

If you had to replace the head, your hoses are probably rather aged as well.  The good news is that the new hose (at least, the white Australian hose that most Cdn chandleries are now selling) is much more stink-proof. The bad news is that sanitary hose is expensive. Other (less) bad news is that it's a bitch to bend through the convoluted path in a 27. I used a heat gun (very gingerly) to soften it up.

David Weatherston
"Towser"
C&C 27 Mk IV

David Weatherston
Towser, Toronto
C&C 27 Mk IV

#3 2003-05-21 08:35:35

David, If your holding tank is in the V-berth, then where is your freshwater tank?  Our Freshwater tank is in the v-berth and the holding tank is in the cabinet behind the head.  My boat is older than your though.  FYI. 
1973 C&C 27 "Goldrush", Chicago IL

#4 2003-06-06 09:12:57

davidww1

The holding tank and the freshwater tank are both under the V-berth (don't want to confuse those hoses!).

David Weatherston
"Towser"
C&C 27 Mk IV

David Weatherston
Towser, Toronto
C&C 27 Mk IV

#5 2003-08-29 01:25:22

Hi Chris,
While this is not too timely maybe some other people might benefit from it.  Behind the panel you might find there is a clamp holding the hose to the V berth bulkhead. If this is the case the hose will not pull through and you will have to remove the panel covering the tank. If the clamp is loose or missing you can pull straight down and remove the hose without removing the panel. See my post on replacing te holding tank to learn how to remove the panel.
John
C&C 27 MKIII 1976

Board footer