C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2005-11-24 05:30:17

KenPole

dorade boxes

Ventilation is arguably not the 27's strong suit. Accordingly, when I removed instruments from the cockpit bulkheads and relocated them to a pedestal housing, I enlarged one hole and installed an opening port above the galley sink. Coupled with a solar-powered extractor in place of the strange little conical device that was stock, it has improved things somewhat, especially since I can leave it open all the time under the dodger. I'm also planning to install another opening port, above the head. That said, has anyone considered fabrication and installation of dorade boxes similar to those on the 30 Mk 1 (which are part of the original deck mold tooling) or on the Ontario 32 (wood)? If so, I'd appreciate some feedback as to their effectiveness, etc. I know the arguments about cutting holes in decks, including making changes to the boat which might affect its desirability in the event that I sell her -- which is not in my plans. Thanks in advance for any advice or comment.
Ken Pole
Santiva
Ottawa

Ken Pole, Ottawa
1975 Mark III Santiva

#2 2005-11-24 05:47:29

davidww1

Re: dorade boxes

Nicro Fico used to make a Dorade box for ventilator cowls similar to those on your stern. The soft plastic assembly plugged into the same fitting used for the cowl, so you could use the ventilators with or without the Dorade fitting, or simply cap the hole when you didn't need the ventilation. Since they don't change the boat too much, they won't affect the value (all boats get sold eventually) and you won't end up with more wood to look after.

I had a quick look on West Marine (search 'Dorade') and they still seem to be available.

David Weatherston
Towser, Toronto
C&C 27 Mk IV

David Weatherston
Towser, Toronto
C&C 27 Mk IV

Board footer