C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2003-10-18 05:36:33

C &C 27 Serial Number

By way of identifying my boat (year, model, Etc) where can I find the Serial number stamped or cast on the C & C 27? I am told that the 10 digit number I have is incomplete.  Your heip appreciated-Thanks

#2 2003-10-21 01:13:35

Re: C &C 27 Serial Number

You should be able to find your serial number on your transom, most likely on the starboard side, third and second last number will be the year of the boat.

#3 2003-10-21 01:16:19

Sorry what I left out was the last three digits will give us the hull number and then we can tell you the model.

#4 2003-10-22 11:37:34

well, it is probably a MK V.  Can anybody interpet the serial number?
CCY27574A586.
the "74" is the hull number, the 86 is the year.  Does the rest mean anything?

#5 2004-02-05 16:51:33

It is nice to know someone can interpret the numbers. How about Z002 7820 M79K?  I assume from the previous discussions it is hull number 782 and a 1979 hull. The year would make it a Mark 3 or 4?
Thank you for the help.
Mark Powers

#6 2004-02-06 01:23:19

davidww1

If you google the term 'hull identification number' (aka HIN), you'll get a mass of info on how to read these, including the fairly comprehensive
<http://www.boatsafe.com/nauticalknowhow/hin.html>
which also leads you to information on the manufacturer code at
<http://www.uscgboating.org/recalls/mic_database.htm>,
where the prefix ZOO gives you an Ontario manufacturer of outboard and jon boats. Garbage in, garbage out?

Don't treat this as authoritative, but I believe that C&C used different 3-letter prefixes to differentiate among the several plants it owned through its history (and very early boats would have been made by the separate companies that later joined to create C&C).
David Weatherston
"Towser", Toronto
C&C 27 Mk IV

David Weatherston
Towser, Toronto
C&C 27 Mk IV

Board footer