C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2006-01-25 05:57:00

KenPole

battery combiners

Anyone have any experience with battery combiners such as the Heart Pathmaker? I'd be interested in hearing about their usefulness. Thanks.
Ken Pole
1975 Mark III Santiva
Ottawa

Ken Pole, Ottawa
1975 Mark III Santiva

#2 2006-01-25 06:51:09

davidww1

Re: battery combiners

I have a West Marine battery combiner (I'm fairly sure they don't sell them any more, but the company that makes them was selling off their inventory cheap - search for "combiner" to find an earlier post on the topic). For what it's worth, both my batteries always seem to be fully charged, and I never have to fiddle with the switch.

Against that, since I got the combiner, I've only used the boat for racing and the occasional overnighter, so my use isn't demanding (plus, we're naturally abstemious with electricity, both having had parents who had conniptions when you left a light on).

Dave Tinder was really interested in combiners - maybe he has some experiences to describe.

David Weatherston
Towser, Toronto
C&C 27 Mk IV

David Weatherston
Towser, Toronto
C&C 27 Mk IV

#3 2007-04-26 05:11:08

JEDLLS2

Canadian Tire has a new marine device that clamps on to the + terminal and allows you to draw on the battery until only enough juice is left to crank the engine, ($79). Then it opens teh circuit until you over-ride it to crank the engine. I am thinking of using it on the deep cycle crank along with the deep cycle house. That would access 1/3 of 2 batteries for house use. Any thoughts?
John - Weather or Not

John & Donna Dallas - Weather or Not  ;
<A href="mailto:jedlls@sympatico.ca">jedlls@sympatico.ca</A>

#4 2007-04-26 08:13:26

wrapper

I bought a "Power Pak" gizmo I bought from Canadian Tire. 

It has a 17 Amp Hour battery, built-in jumper cables, a cigarette lighter socket, flash light and an 300W AC Inverter. 

I keep this in my boat to run small appliances such as my dremel tool and keep it as an emergency backup battery to start my "low compression" A4. 

Quite a handy little device and I think I got it for under $50 on sale.

Allan
Cygnus
C&C 27 Hull 518

Allan
Cygnus
C&C 27 Hull 518

Board footer