C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2008-02-23 02:23:57

capricous

Fresh water upgrade

I have a 1976 Mark 3 I have just bought this fall(cant wait for this winter to be over)and think I should upgrade to fresh water cooling,but dont have the 2 inches in front of the panel under the companionway stair. Is there an old thread with a picture or solution?
thanks
Dana

Capricious Mark 3 Hull #599

#2 2008-02-23 05:05:10

davidww1

Re: Fresh water upgrade

I had a fresh-water cooling system on my boat similar to the Moyer units. The front panel of the engine space had been routed away to paper thinness in the way of the belt. In one area, all the wood had been cut away for the pulley on the pump itself. A  wooden "blister" covered this cut-away.

Your other option is the Indigo Electronics cooling kit. It uses a pump that mounts by the alternator and uses the alternator belt path. Access would be foul, but it does mean you're not adding anything to the front (and it means you get to keep your manual starting handle).

David Weatherston
Towser, Toronto
C&C 27 Mk IV

David Weatherston
Towser, Toronto
C&C 27 Mk IV

#3 2008-02-23 05:46:42

capricous

Re: Fresh water upgrade

Thanks Dave
Ill probable go with the front mount and create an addition to the front cover!
Capricous Hull #599

Capricious Mark 3 Hull #599

Board footer