C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2008-06-26 03:03:55

chriswheat

Looking for MK I replacement sheaves

The sheaves (main & jib) at the top of my mast have a few chips out of the edges. Does anyone know if replacement parts available?

Chris Ferrier

Second Wind

Hull# 167

Chriswheat Second Wind
Chesapeake Bay MD

#2 2008-06-27 00:22:51

davidww1

Re: Looking for MK I replacement sheaves

Try South Shore Yachts (in Links & Contacts) and Klacko Spars <http://www.klackospars.com/index.html >. South Shore has lots of C&C parts and Klacko was the in-house supplier of metalwork for the C&C Custom Div.

Please let us know how it works out.

David Weatherston
Towser, Toronto
C&C 27 Mk IV

Last edited by (2008-06-27 03:25:14)

David Weatherston
Towser, Toronto
C&C 27 Mk IV

#3 2008-06-27 03:56:19

chriswheat

Thanks David, I'll keep you posted.

Chriswheat Second Wind
Chesapeake Bay MD

#4 2008-07-22 12:53:11

chriswheat

I e-mailed both South Shore & Klacko as soon as you responded David, no reply yet from either. Time to splash now, (rather late actually), so the old ones will have to work for a while longer.

Chris

Chriswheat Second Wind
Chesapeake Bay MD

#5 2008-07-22 23:03:39

davidww1

South Shore is known to be e-mail challenged and Klacko is more a metal-artistry rather than fast-customer-service kind of company (that's not meant to be a denigration - small companies can't be all things to all people and this is just where they put their energy). Investing in a phone call will probably get you the response you want - and I'd do it now while you think of it, because these sheaves can't be a high-volume item and you don't want to find yourself on the wrong side of a back-order.

David Weatherston
Towser, Toronto
C&C 27 Mk IV

David Weatherston
Towser, Toronto
C&C 27 Mk IV

#6 2008-07-23 02:53:38

carriden

I have made a number of forays into Danny Klacko's parts bins over the years and I am pretty sure that he will have appropriate sheaves for you.  When you call him, be sure to have the right sizing information on hand:  Sheave diameter and width; diameter of the axle hole.  As David pointed out, Danny is usually caught up actually doing the metal work, but he is a good sort and tries hard to be helpful.Marcus from Carriden
Mk III, Hull #847

Marcus Opitz,
Formerly from Carriden, Mk III, Hull #847,
now skippering "Everdina," a 1975 Ontario 32

Board footer