C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2008-09-03 02:57:09

learnix

1976 C&C 27. How best to sell?

Could I get a recommendation on how best to sell my boat before haul-out?

She is berthed in Kingston and I have her listed at the marina and in "Boat for Sale" but no interest so far. I would really like to sell her and price is very very flexible.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated,
Nigel H.

Sangaree

Collins Bay Marina, Kingston

Nigel H.
Sangaree

#2 2008-09-04 06:15:14

davidww1

Re: 1976 C&C 27. How best to sell?

Tried listing with a broker? I bought my 27 through George Ward of Ward Yachts in Toronto.

David Weatherston
Towser, Toronto
C&C 27 Mk IV

David Weatherston
Towser, Toronto
C&C 27 Mk IV

#3 2008-09-05 03:01:43

clanning

Hello Nigel,

I saw your ad in Boat for Sale -- you mention that she's a 1976 Mk 2 -- I thought C&C was into Mk 3s by 1976...

Anyhow I have listed my own boat (not a 27) on several sites including NSC.ca (very popular, especially as there are so many 27s here), ABYC.on.ca, my own class association site, Sailboatlistings.com, and the other clubs that have OD fleets (Kirby 25, in my case).

You should definitely have a complete specification sheet put together, and you could post an album of pictures to Flickr or some other site so that you can refer people there.

Time's a little tight now -- I had a flurry of interest in July but nothing since.  I think you will still own her through the winter.  Best of luck!
Chuck Lanning

NSC, Ottawa

Chuck Lanning
C&C 27 Mk V, Chivas & Champagne
NSC, Ottawa

#4 2008-09-05 03:23:05

learnix

Thanks David, I'll pursue that suggestion.

Cheers,

Nigel
Nigel H.

Sangaree

Nigel H.
Sangaree

#5 2008-09-05 03:26:46

learnix

Thank you Chuck and you are quite correct, it is a Mark 3 not a 2!

Actually it is listed in "the book" at NSC but I have not received any interest. Part of the problem is that we live in Ottawa and keep her at Collins Bay which makes for a long drive and many no wind/too much wind all day drives!

I have thought of maybe bringing her up to NSC next year and while the sailing opportunities there might not be as varied, at least it would be close enough that we could sail two or three times a week instead of a month!

Thanks again,

Nigel
Nigel H.

Sangaree

Nigel H.
Sangaree

#6 2008-09-08 06:20:57

clanning

Nigel, if I could deal my K25.....

Anyhow you should make sure she is on the classified portion of the NSC website.  That garners much more attention than the binders in the NSC lobby + BYC club + the Chandlery, combined.

You should get on the waiting list now if you are considering NSC for next year -- it might be touch-and-go at this point, which might make it awkward next year when you get the summer dock fees from Collins Bay but are hoping to have the boat in the water in Ottawa.

Good luck,

Chuck
Chuck Lanning

NSC, Ottawa

Chuck Lanning
NSC, Ottawa

#7 2008-09-12 09:58:09

capricous

I have a 76 c&c Mark 3 and before you part with her was wondering if you would be interested in selling some sail?

Thanks

Dana
Capricous Hull #599

Capricious Mark 3 Hull #599

#8 2008-09-12 22:32:14

learnix

Sorry Dana, Until I sell her she stays complete.
Nigel H.

Sangaree

Nigel H.
Sangaree

#9 2008-10-06 05:05:01

clanning

Hi Nigel,

Can you send me a spec sheet to email charleslanning     At   Y__o dot    com (you know how to fill in the blanks -- I'm trying to avoid a bit of spam).  Your ad on Boatforsale is gone now.

(You could also post the specification list here, too!)

Cheers,

Chuck
Chuck Lanning

NSC, Ottawa

Chuck Lanning
NSC, Ottawa

#10 2008-11-19 00:52:16

Hugh Morrin

Nigel,

If you're thinking about keeping your boat in Ottawa, check out www.nsc.ca/cc27. Great fleet here, great racing, and the cruising is better than you might think.
Cheers,
Hugh Morrin
Blue Zulu
C&C 27 Mk III, #894
Nepean Sailing Club
www.nsc.ca/cc27
</a>

Hugh Morrin
Blue Zulu, C&C 27 Mk III, #894
Nepean Sailing Club, www.nsc.ca/cc27
President and back-up webmaster, C&C 27 Association

Board footer