C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2009-02-02 09:38:07

Brent

Martec prop question

While browsing the various suppliers websites for a new racing propeller I came to the conclusion that I simply cannot afford to dish out the astronomical amount of money they want for one. I saw that Martec offers a service where they will rebuild your old one at their California facility. Has anyone gone this route and what could I expect the costs to be?

I have a Martec 13x8x7/8 RH folding.

Add to that once the propeller is off I will replace the cutlass bearing. What is the standard size for a Mark V?

Thanks
Brent Driedger

S/V Wild Rover

C&C 27 MkV #15

Brent Driedger
S/V Wild Rover
C&C 27 MkV #15
;

#2 2009-02-02 11:31:59

davidww1

Re: Martec prop question

Why don't you ask Martec for a quote or an estimate? Better than guesstimates from us. Then - compare that with an estimate from your local prop shop. Most of the procedures that any prop shop will do are transferrable to folding props so they understand what's necessary.

Please let us know what you find out if you go this route.

David Weatherston
Towser, Toronto
C&C 27 Mk IV

David Weatherston
Towser, Toronto
C&C 27 Mk IV

#3 2009-02-02 20:11:52

pura vida

Re: Martec prop question

I found this during my prop drama after hurricane Ike.

<a href="http://www.martec-props.com/refurbish.htm">http://www.martec-props.com/refurbish.htm</a>
Mike M
SV Wind Horse
Galveston, Tx

Mike M
SV Wind Horse
Galveston, Tx

Board footer