C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2004-06-16 11:33:33

pferland

Ventilation & Owners Manual

Recently purchased a C&C 27 circa "73", does anyone know if the boat origionally came with any kind of owners guide etc? Is there one for the Atomic four? I am alos looking to improve the ventilation of the main cabin, any ideas, sources for opening hatches etc.?
Thanks, Paul

#2 2004-06-16 22:50:07

Re: Ventilation & Owners Manual

I cannot help you with your ventilation issue or the owners manual, but the atomic four engien is another matter.... go to the site for moyer marine.... Don is the king of the atomic four engine..... <A href="http://www.moyermarine.com">www.moyermarine.com</A>  The two things you should do to the engine besides a good cleaning is to put on the electroinc ignition system (simple work) and the PVC valve kit which re-routes your crankcase ventilation back into the engine (no oil smells) both available from Indigo Eletronics.  Lastly if you do not have a fresh water cooling system it would be a good thing to put on, you engine will last longer and run at a better tempurature.

You can read others postings as to the value (or not) of the Atomic Four.... if it starts and runs and you can use a few basic hand tools it is a great engine and with a few simple add ons will be as safe and reliable as more expensive diesels...

'IRIS'
1975 C&C 27 MKlll
Hull # 453
Kittery Point, Maine

#3 2004-06-17 03:08:36

davidww1

The original Atomic 4 manual won't tell you much. Have a look at the Links & Contacts page where you will find links to the Atomic 4 Service Manual, which takes you out to the limit of what most people are comfortable doing, including such tasks as tune-ups, shaft alignment, transmission adjustment and winterization. On the Moyer Marine site you'll find Mr. Moyer's very comprehensive manual, intended to help you do everything you might conceivably want to do, including a complete rebuild. The add-ons from Moyer and Indigo are worth considering.

As to the owner's manual, you might find a .pdf for sale on the C&C Photo Album site. I didn't find much of interest in my Mk IV manual, and it's probably more detailed than the earlier ones. This site and particularly this Forum have become the de facto owner's guide.

Search the Forum for discussions of ventilation. People have inquired about opening ports, but there don't seem to be many satisfactory answers other than installing a fan, and making a screened companionway slide and a rain hood for the forward hatch.

David Weatherston
Towser, Toronto
C&C 27 Mk IV

David Weatherston
Towser, Toronto
C&C 27 Mk IV

#4 2004-06-18 10:27:16

Thanks everyone I appreciate the responses.

Board footer