C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2010-02-12 23:47:41

obsession27

Hull #250 Lemon

Hi

Does anyone know anything about hull #250 named Lemon?

#2 2010-03-01 21:43:08

islandman1019

Re: Hull #250 Lemon

No.  But that sounds like the worst boat name in history!!!

#3 2010-03-02 01:32:10

ALAN FORD

No, but it got me wondering.
Names are worth a second look. When I asked a good friend to come for a sail on 'Smoke' a short time after I bought her, he arrived at speed complete with a fire extinguisher and eyes darting from side to side. Mmmmmmm...." Where there's Smoke........ "
Somewhere in Louisiana there's a "Lemonaid" (sic). A C&C but not a 27 I think. Probably bought her from a kid at the end of a dirt drive one hot summer day?
Wonder if Jim Wente's friends turn up for a sail on "Distant Thunder" with lightning rods, remembering that a close flash will be 5 seconds per mile before that far away rumble? If you hear the thunder the spark missed you.
Your question sounds like one from a near-buyer? Not sure where you are, but if in the GTA you might have a fleet of well-wishers at the re-naming ceremony.
Good luck.

Alan of SMOKE 1984 Mk V 002

Alan of SMOKE 1984 Mk V 002

#4 2010-03-02 02:54:23

davidww1

As a bad name, "Lemon" isn't even in the running. Truly bad names range from the simply vulgar ("Wet Dream" is apparently wildly popular, presumably primarily among boats with metal-flake paint jobs) to the mindlessly aggressive. I saw a boat in the eastern end of the lake with a sort of airport-thriller-ish name like "Counterstrike' (or something of that ilk) with a picture of a nuclear mushroom cloud on the stern. People like that should stick to activities like self-abuse and reading Tom Clancy books. Sailing is wasted on them.

David Weatherston
Towser, Toronto
C&C 27 Mk IV

David Weatherston
Towser, Toronto
C&C 27 Mk IV

#5 2010-03-05 12:49:31

diva27

A few years ago when I was racing a Shark, I named the vessel Set the Controls for the Heart of the Sun. On club race night, sailing past the RC boat before the start and having to formally announce the vessel got a little wearying, and it was just shortened to Controls. I never did get it painted on the hull. The alternative was Fruit Salad Bazooka. When I bought Diva the name was registered and that took all the fun out of life.
  Doug Hunter
Diva
C&C 27 Mk1
Midland Bay Sailing Club
www.sweetwatercruising.com

Doug Hunter
Diva
C&C 27 Mk1
Midland Bay Sailing Club
www.douglashunter.ca

Board footer