C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2004-08-04 22:46:01

Hugh Morrin

Wanted: Cradle or Trailer for MK III

Anybody have a cradle or trailer for a MK III they'd be interested in selling? We bought our boat without either. Assuming we won't be able to get anything used, our alternative is to order one from the Marine Cradle Shop in Markham (905-294-3507). We'd get a 5-pad cradle with the heavy duty frame, so that we could put the the boat and cradle on a flatbed truck or trailer, should we ever want to do so. Anyone have any comments or suggestions?
Thanks.Hugh Morrin
Blue Zulu
MK III, #894
Nepean Sailing Club

Hugh Morrin
Blue Zulu, C&C 27 Mk III, #894
Nepean Sailing Club, www.nsc.ca/cc27
President and back-up webmaster, C&C 27 Association

#2 2004-08-05 10:56:53

davidww1

Re: Wanted: Cradle or Trailer for MK III

As you are considering a new cradle, think about getting a pad under the engine area aft of the keel.

I had my engine out over one winter for a rebuild and I was astonished at the way the boat changed shape in that area without the engine's weight. I don't know if it really makes much difference to the boat's strength or structural integrity, but with that experience, I would be inclined if buying a new cradle to add that support to the standard layout.

David Weatherston
Towser, Toronto
C&C 27 Mk IV

David Weatherston
Towser, Toronto
C&C 27 Mk IV

Board footer