C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2011-09-12 01:23:52

davidww1

For Sale: mainsail, rope clutches, canopy

For Sale

Main for Mk III/IV in CX by Triton Sails of Mississauga, a laminate that Keven Piper of Haarstick describes as "indestructible as long as you don't let mildew get into it". Keven described it as "a bit draft-aft", but this is still a good solid main with lots of time available on it. Has been stored for the last five years in anticipation of cruising that never happened. Full-batten. Note that the battens are 106", 96", 63" and 34" long; Canada Post will not ship anything over 2 meters long (78.74"), so a purchase by someone within pickup distance of Toronto makes more sense. $600.00 firm. SOLD

2 Spinlock XA double rope clutches with Starboard bases shaped to fit a 27's coachroof. Orig. about 180.00 each, pair $120.00. Includes  spare handle. SOLD

1 single Spinlock rope clutch, new in box, $40.00. SOLD.

Genco cockpit canopy, white, with supporting poles, bag. Some mended chafing, but otherwise quite serviceable. SOLD.

Shipping, if required, is extra.

David Weatherston
Towser, Toronto
C&C 27 Mk IV

Last edited by (2012-02-14 00:19:23)

David Weatherston
Towser, Toronto
C&C 27 Mk IV

#2 2011-09-12 12:47:42

Jeff

Re: For Sale: mainsail, rope clutches, canopy

David do you have any pictures of the cockpit canopy?

Thanks,
Jeff

C&C 27 Mk I #4
Clockwork
Port Stanley, On.

C&C 27 Mk I #4
Clockwork
Port Stanley, On.

#3 2011-09-13 00:25:15

davidww1

No, sorry. However, it is based on 2 2-part poles, one secured to the backstay, one on top of the main. The poles are sleeved into the canopy, which ties off at several points on its length to the lifelines. The centre of the canopy is held up by the main halyard so that it sheds rain effectively.

It's not fancy, but it's an effective sunshade and as protection from light to moderate rainfall.

David Weatherston
Towser, Toronto
C&C 27 Mk IV

David Weatherston
Towser, Toronto
C&C 27 Mk IV

#4 2011-09-23 07:25:39

KenPole

Hi David. Is that main still available? I'm sort of interested and expect to be in TO over Thanksgiving Weekend. Best.
Ken Pole, Ottawa
1975 Mark III Santiva

Ken Pole, Ottawa
1975 Mark III Santiva

#5 2011-09-23 08:06:26

davidww1

Yes it is. I, regrettably, will not be here. If you want to look at it, though, I'm sure we can work out something whereby you can pick it up, look at it and either keep it or return it.

David Weatherston
Towser, Toronto
C&C 27 Mk IV

David Weatherston
Towser, Toronto
C&C 27 Mk IV

#6 2011-09-29 04:29:56

capricous

Hi David
Also interested in the Main
let me know if you need another buyer
Thanks
Dana

Capricious Mark 3 Hull #599

Capricious Mark 3 Hull #599

#7 2012-01-27 12:54:40

Allan Bray

Just wondering whether you still have that pair of twin rope clutches for sale.
Allan Bray

"Risque", Sail # 525

1984 C&C 27 Mk V

Allan Bray
"Risque", Sail # 525
1984 C&C 27 Mk V

#8 2012-01-28 02:03:30

davidww1

Yes.

David Weatherston
Towser, Toronto
C&C 27 Mk IV

David Weatherston
Towser, Toronto
C&C 27 Mk IV

#9 2012-01-29 02:00:12

CharlesM

Too bad about the canopy.  I was interested.  Would you have a picture of it.  I have a Mark II and just bought some sunbrella fabric and am looking to construct one.
Anyone have canopy plans to share.  I want one that goes over the boom.

Kymo

Charles Mojsej
Ottawa, ON

#10 2012-01-29 02:34:28

davidww1

Gotta be quick in the canopy business. Here are two pics [1] and [2]. It's just two poles (which come apart in their middles) in sleeves at either end of a flat sheet of light sailcloth. There are two rings to attach a bridle that in turn attaches to the main halyard to raise the middle so it sheds water, and a zipper at the aft end to get around the boom topping lift. Ties to the lifelines hold it down. There are also drop-down sides to keep the sun out of the cockpit. It's not brilliant, and doubtless it could be improved on, but it does the trick.

David Weatherston
Towser, Toronto
C&C 27 Mk IV

David Weatherston
Towser, Toronto
C&C 27 Mk IV

Board footer