C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2012-07-02 05:14:47

Chivas

Mk V: Stern Rail foam cushion

Hi everyone, this forum has been great in the past so I'll throw a question out there. I have a Mk V. Directly above the helmsmen's perch, above the transom, is a 3ft life line connecting the stern rails. It has a foam cover approx 1 1/2" diameter that needs replacing. Anyone found a replacement for it? Pool noodles are too big, at least the ones I have come across.
Cheers,
Steve,
Chivas & Champagne,
'85 Mark V
Stephen Hnatyshyn
Chivas & Champagne, Mk V
Nepean Sailing Club
Nepean, ON

Stephen Hnatyshyn
Chivas & Champagne, Mk V
Nepean Sailing Club
Nepean, ON

#2 2012-07-03 03:20:06

ALAN FORD

Re: Mk V: Stern Rail foam cushion

Steve, that sounds like wheel steering and too much resting against that foam covered line. Perhaps there are two possibilities....convert to tiller steering and that perch becomes redundant, or buy a piece of rubber hosing from  Crappy Tire?
Good luck
Alan of SMOKE 1984 Mk V 002

Alan of SMOKE 1984 Mk V 002

#3 2012-07-03 04:21:22

davidww1

Re: Mk V: Stern Rail foam cushion

Search the West Marine site for "lifeline cover". That will give you names for several options. Your local chandlery can probably order one for you.

David Weatherston
Towser, Toronto
C&C 27 Mk IV

David Weatherston
Towser, Toronto
C&C 27 Mk IV

Board footer