C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2012-11-07 06:25:27

cboyne

Contact for George Cuthbertson

I apologize for spelling Mr. Cuthbertson's name with an extra er.

Thank-you for the tip about the museum in Kington.  I have already contacted them and unfortunately they have not catalogued the plans I am looking for yet.

Last edited by (2012-11-08 11:47:48)

Chris Boyne
Halifax, NS

#2 2012-11-08 10:10:15

davidww1

Re: Contact for George Cuthbertson

If George Cuthbertson had a Bluejacket 23, it is probably because he designed it (and I can't imagine any other reason for him to have drawings). If he designed it, the drawings are probably with the Marine Museum in Kingston, ON; you should enquire there as it is extremely unlikely that Mr Cuthbertson would have any material on that or any other boat after the major transfer of his papers to that institution.

The transfer, which is relatively recent in museum terms, was large and since like most museums, the Marine Museum is underfunded, cataloguing of Mr. Cuthbertson's papers may take some time. Do not expect a quick response to an enquiry.

David Weatherston
Towser, Toronto
C&C 27 Mk IV

David Weatherston
Towser, Toronto
C&C 27 Mk IV

#3 2012-11-09 08:53:54

davidww1

Re: Contact for George Cuthbertson

How important is the project to you? Do you have access to a boat? Making a truly accurate model (taking the lines off an extant boat) would be a lot of work (but doable - I'm sure someone in the Marine Museum in Halifax would be able to point you to a source of instruction). On the other hand, if all you want is a boat model that looks sufficiently like a Bluejacket to please the eye, half an hour with a camera would probably give you enough views to turn the trick.

I probably shouldn't repeat this, but an exchange student we had living here gave me a model kit for the Bluenose for Xmas. Now, to me and probably to you, this model looks nothing like Bluenose, but I painted it carefully in Bluenose colours and everyone thinks it looks lovely (I like it, but it only looks like Bluenose in the most general way). Your mileage may vary.

David Weatherston
Towser, Toronto
C&C 27 Mk IV

Last edited by (2012-11-09 12:58:17)

David Weatherston
Towser, Toronto
C&C 27 Mk IV

Board footer