C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2013-07-21 04:53:29

wjames

fishing electric wires

Hi forum:
I am having difficulty feeding five thin (16g.) electric wires (flex) between the interior liner in the galley and the exterior cockpit skin (from the display for the depth sounder ultimately to the transducer below the galley sink, and the power supply).
I would like to know any tricks for doing this. I have been trying that springy flexible coiled stretchy wire used sometimes for hanging thin curtains, unsuccessfully.
Thanks
Bill James
Sesiya, #643 Bill

Bill
Sesiya, #643 1975
Parry Sound & Bayfield Inlet, Georgian Bay

#2 2013-07-24 02:18:44

davidww1

Re: fishing electric wires

As you probably know, when the builders joined the deck and interior liner, they bonded the two with gobs of polyester putty. This, in many cases, often creates an impassable blockage to wire-feeding. Sometimes you get lucky, sometimes you don't. I tried for ages to force a path with an old fish-tape with the end cut off, but had to admit defeat and run the wires on the inner surface. That's all I can offer by way of consolation - you're not alone here.

David Weatherston
Towser, Toronto
C&C 27 Mk IV

David Weatherston
Towser, Toronto
C&C 27 Mk IV

Board footer