C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2004-10-24 05:11:11

Cleats

I just replaced the lifelines on my MK111---along with new stantions, gates, etc.  Didnt replace the old bases as they were $75/ea and I wasnt all that excited about breaking that 28 yr old (dry as a bone) seal between the hull/deck.  FYI the cost to re-chrome the old ones was about the same as new price.  Powder coating was an option----but more expensive than the re-chrome.
Now I want to replace the (4) main cleats on the cockpit combing----the appear to be anodized alum---would like to replace with "new" originals---but no US mfr comes close to the original 4 hole footprint.  I'd rather not drill 16 new holes thru 16 backing plates, etc,etc.  Anyone know of a source?
Thanks

#2 2004-10-25 00:52:59

davidww1

Re: Cleats

Try South Shore on the Links page for replacements. Alternatively, try having them re-anodized. It may cost more than you think it's really worth, but if you value your time, it's probably cheaper than filling and re-drilling 16 new holes.

David Weatherston
Towser, Toronto
C&C 27 Mk IV

David Weatherston
Towser, Toronto
C&C 27 Mk IV

#3 2004-10-28 23:15:59

Cockpit combing cleats are not avail thru South Shore---they have a lot of requests for them but the original pattern is lost----

#4 2004-10-29 00:27:03

davidww1

Since reading your original message and thinking about some of the metal on my boat, I found several sites devoted to "homebrew" anodizing, an option that allows you to a) save money; or b) anodize things in disgusting combinations of very un-nautical colours. Another little drawback is a list of ingredients that would attract the attention of the Office of Homeland Security, the EPA or both.

On a positive note, there did seem to be many companies who take it as a point of pride to assist individuals. Several of them displayed galleries of car restoration projects they've helped with. I don't think one of this sort of company would mind dealing with cleats.

David Weatherston
Towser, Toronto
C&C 27 Mk IV

David Weatherston
Towser, Toronto
C&C 27 Mk IV

Board footer