C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2014-03-29 05:44:58

TBracken

How Much Paint?

Has anyone calculated the square feet of:
The deck area?
The hull topsides?
The underwater wetted surface area?

Bottom line: I'm trying to estimate how much primer and finish coat paint I'm going to need (assuming 3 coats of primer and 3 of finish).
-Todd Bracken
Dauntless, C&C 27 Mk. IV #915
Indianapolis, Indiana

;-Todd Bracken
Dauntless, C&C 27 Mk. IV #915
Indianapolis, Indiana

#2 2014-03-30 23:37:37

davidww1

Re: How Much Paint?

It takes 1.5 to 1.75 litters of VC-17 to paint Towser's bottom. You should be able to calculate the area of the deck and topsides from the plan and deck views in Evolution. You'll have to do a bit of guesstimating for the cockpit sides plus an allowance for the curvature of the deck and topsides, but it should be close enough, particularly if you add a ten or fifteen per cent fudge factor.

Alternatively, factor deliberately short and re-calculate what you'll need to finish the job once the second coat is on.

David Weatherston
Towser, Toronto
C&C 27 Mk IV

David Weatherston
Towser, Toronto
C&C 27 Mk IV

Board footer