C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2004-10-27 12:21:45

New Mk III Owner - A couple of Questions

1. Is there a C&C 27 Owners Manual?
I am fortunate enough to have received many manuals for the optional add-in equipment but don't have a General manual from C&C.
2. In process of winterizing, is there a way to drain that last inch or so of water out of the bilge?
Thanks for your help.David Miller
Bandit
Fifty Point

#2 2004-10-27 12:59:39

Re: New Mk III Owner - A couple of Questions

Sponge?

#3 2004-10-27 14:15:34

1. Owner's manual can be ordered from C&C Photo Album, $15 on CD last time I looked, go to <A href="http://www.cncphotoalbum.com/index1.htm">http://www.cncphotoalbum.com/index1.htm</A>
2. Sponge?

#4 2004-10-28 00:23:14

davidww1

1. The original manual, while superior to most sailboat builder manuals, is still quite sketchy. You may find more and better information by searching this Forum or the body of the site. If you have an Atomic 4, you will find that the original engine manual is useless; buy a copy of Atomic 4 Service Manual, as listed in Links & Contacts (also from most marine stores).

2. I use a small PAR utility pump followed by a sponge. We usually scrub the bilge with Mr. Clean at that time to get rid of odour-generating grunge.

David Weatherston
Towser, Toronto
C&C 27 Mk IV

Last edited by (2004-10-28 01:00:41)

David Weatherston
Towser, Toronto
C&C 27 Mk IV

#5 2004-10-28 04:13:29

The bilge,
Since my boat only comes out of the water for bottom jobs, I have faced this problem over the years many times.  The best all around answer is the "wet/dry" vacuum.  Also removes any small debris that could interfer with the bilge pumps.  Also, A final wash with baby shampoo and a dash of clorox leaves a clean smell even the female gender will appreciate.
Warren Smith
Serendipity
Galveston Bay, Texas

#6 2004-10-30 06:16:01

David,
Thanks for the response, any recommendations between the Moyer Marine Atomic IV service manual and the one listed in the links from Seacraft Publications in Toronto?
David Miller
Bandit
Fifty Point, Ontario

#7 2004-10-30 23:08:21

David,
I have an extra copy of the Atomic Four Service Manual and the CC27 Owners Manual.  Give me a call and we can arrange pickup 905-563-9031.
Also if you need any help with the winterizing drill, I would be pleased to help.
Bruce Peever, Scalliwag
Dock H27, Fifty Point

#8 2004-10-31 01:54:38

davidww1

The Seacraft manual (approx $30) covers all the maintenance work you would normally do with the engine in the boat. The Moyer manual (approx $90) covers all that material plus total out-of-boat rebuilds. Even if you don't do this sort of work, having the manual will make you feel like you are giving something back for the astounding amount of free troubleshooting advice offered on the Moyer Marine site.

I use the Seacraft manual when I do things like winterize, adjust reverse gear, etc. Since I don't do serious engine work, I read the Moyer manual just to learn more about quirky behaviour. I find it well worth having just for that purpose.

David Weatherston
Towser, Toronto
C&C 27 Mk IV

David Weatherston
Towser, Toronto
C&C 27 Mk IV

#9 2004-10-31 08:15:57

rblade

I used a plastick turkey baster for getting into those hard to reach spots.  Some people have used a wet / dry vacuum to suck out the last few inches.
I have seen one C&C 27 with a drain plug installed into the bottom part of the keel.
You may consider leaving anti-freeze sitting in there.  That way, if water happens to leak into the boat over winter, it will be mixed with the anti-freeze and not cause any problems.

Rblade

Board footer