C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2011-04-06 11:32:53

TomGr

Link for paid up Assoc'n member access to wiring diagram PDF

Just mailed in my renewal after letting it lapse for a bit. Planning to tidy up my wiring and this would be a big help.
Tom Graham, Shelburne VT
"Monk" 27 Mk III

Tom Graham, Shelburne VT
"Monk" 27 Mk III

#2 2011-04-13 00:10:49

foroadmin
Administrator

Re: Link for paid up Assoc'n member access to wiring diagram PDF

I sent you the link twice, but the e-mail appears to have bounced. That doesn't necessarily mean that it did though. Write to me again, please, and let me know if you got it.
- Admin

#3 2011-04-13 09:38:05

TomGr

David,

I got an autoreply message that you had posted a response to my Forum note but I got no PDF.

Perhaps Comcast is filtering this out.

You might try my office e mail <tomgr at Hazelett dot com>.

Tom Graham, Shelburne VT
"Monk" 27 Mk III

Tom Graham, Shelburne VT
"Monk" 27 Mk III

#4 2011-04-23 00:50:39

foroadmin
Administrator

A comedy of mis-directed e-mails and stubbornly unfunctional links has been brought to a successful conclusion.
- Admin

#5 2015-06-28 03:29:29

mikeware

I am a member also looking for the wiring diagram pdf.
Thanks
Mike Ware
Mike Ware
C&C 27 Mark 1 1971 Parsifal
Bronte Harbour Marina

Mike Ware
Bronte Harbour Marina

#6 2015-06-28 07:05:50

foroadmin
Administrator

Write to Jim Wente at the address on http://www.cc27association.com/member.html . We've now made the pdf compact enough that we can email it rather than linking it.
- Admin

#7 2015-06-30 05:09:52

Brian Tivnan

Mike,

Are you the proud new owner of Parsifal? Welcome to the Fleet! What Hull Number is Parsifal?

Happy to share notes and experiences with the Mark 1 if you are interested.

Brian Tivnan
C&C 27 Mk I, #45, Vermonstah
Lake Champlain

Brian Tivnan
Lake Champlain

#8 2015-06-30 08:53:12

mikeware

Thanks Brian,
Very interested in bouncing ideas off someone with markI who has had longer than me. Yes I am the new owner with previous owner having it 17 years and letting it go for several of the last. It has been a couple months of surprises and despair and much money but starting to see the light of day. Realize now I should never have bought a boat on a cradle in Spring where most equipment cannot be tested. Had a $500 survey but missed most problems that couldn't have been detected. Boat stored with mast up for too many years so mast wiring and furler problems will have to wait until this fall to address.  The C&C manual with wiring diagrams is most helpful. Have now replaced all #4 wires for heavy dc and redone most of the low current dc. Based on poor condition of add on panel I need to now address the 120. Battery charger seems to work and alternator seems to work without leakage so assume so far that diodes are okay. Engine was the guys focus and it seems to be up to date with new carb, electronic ignition, electric fuel pump and so far runs like a charm except for some linkage problems after a forced on me mechanic adjusted the slip on the transmission so I could sail the boat home (Oakville/ Bronte ON) New toilet and new fresh water bladder. Turned former v berth water tank into holding (hope that doesn't turn out to be a mistake)
Have the VHF/DSC working and receiving coordinates from the old Standard Horizon chart plotter and the old St2000 Tiller Pilot works like a charm. Lots of balsa core problems that I will have to address. Have replaced the compass and will need to also replace the lcd depth and speed which are hardly legible.
Only been out a couple times actually sailing and pleasantly surprised at the sails that were on it. Finally got a dry day to open up another genny, a spinnaker and a gennaker and again for cruising, think they will be fine.
The hull number on the name plate does not seem to conform to deciphering sequence I have seen on the site.
CC278571N It is a 71 so suppose it could be #85?

I was an active sailor 40+ years ago and actually built from a kit a Viking28 which I raced. Nothing inbetween.

Pleasantly surprised at the beautiful way she sails. I don't plan on racing but do like a boat that performs like one.

Mike
Mike Ware
Bronte Harbour Marina

Mike Ware
Bronte Harbour Marina

#9 2015-07-02 02:05:16

Brian Tivnan

Mike,

You have correctly deciphered your Hull Number.  Mine has a similar plate at the rear of the cockpit, as it is also a 1971 from the Niagara on the Lake facility.

If you want to swap info on and experiences with the Mark I, shoot me an email [deleted]

Brian Tivnan
Lake Champlain

[There is one rule on this Forum: no soliciting of private responses via e-mail unless for the purpose of buying or selling something. When the conversation happens in the Forum, we all learn, which is the point of having a public Forum. Please read this explanation. - Admin]

Last edited by (2015-07-02 02:47:35)

Brian Tivnan
Lake Champlain

Board footer