C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2016-07-25 04:33:32

capricous

water in fuel

I have changed the plugs (water in fuel) switched to a jerry jug,
still finding water in the cylinders
Vented loop anti siphon probem?
I have the water intake off of course
fresh water cooled

Capricious Mark 3 Hull #599

#2 2016-08-07 01:00:26

Katara

Re: water in fuel

Cracked block?
Gerard Warner
Katara, '79 Mk III
D.Y.C.  Ontario

Gerard Warner
Katara, '79 Mk III
D.Y.C.  Ontario

#3 2016-08-08 08:12:58

Brian Tivnan

Capricious,

I assume that you have not re-powered and so we are talking about an Atomic 4 here?  Likely the original, late model?

FWC - so you have anti-freeze circulating thru the water jacket.  And you have confirmed that you have water in the cylinders and NOT anti-freeze?

if you KNOW it is water, then only a few entry points for water in the cylinders for a FWC A4.

Have you inspected the exhaust, both wet and hot, from the manifold to the transom? 

you mentioned a possible problem with the anti-siphon, yes, that could draw water back to the manifold.  But so can an obstruction in the exhaust, as well as breach in the inner wall of the water lift.

before you closed the raw intake, how was your exhaust flow at the transom?

Since you have not received much feedback here on this forum, strongly encourage you to post your issue to the A4 forum at moyermarine.com  Tremendous  number of helpful A4 owners, much more knowledgeable than me.  and when you get everything sorted out, just ask that you circle back here to this thread and update us here on the cause and subsequent resolution of your problem.

Good luck!
Brian Tivnan
C&C 27 Mk I, #45, Vermonstah
Lake Champlain

Brian Tivnan
C&C 27 Mk I, #45, Vermonstah
Lake Champlain

#4 2016-08-09 22:20:06

capricous

I finally am running.
Persistance in removing the water in the system was the trick.
Thanks for the help.
Dana

Board footer