C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2017-10-25 01:26:12

davidww1

Cutless/cutless bearing specs

One of the issues that keeps coming up here is the cutless/cutlass bearing spec. (Incidentally, the industry-preferred spelling is "cutless" but both spellings are used.) Gerard Warner reported he used a

Johnson Duramax ACID Brass cutless bearing
Shaft Size: 7/8 inch
Outside Diameter: 1-1/4 inch
Length: 3-1/2 inch

but that immediately raises the question, is that the spec for other Marks? C&C tended to stick with its hardware through many years and models (my mast is almost identical to a Mk I’s mast, other than in shroud arrangement, despite the many differences in the hull and deck). I expect Gerard's spec will work for all Marks but it would be nice to know for sure.

Later - visited club and measured several boats' p-brackets and bearings. These specs turn out to be identical with the specs (measured externally with a caliper gauge) for a Mk I, a Mk IV and a mid-run C&C 30; clearly, when C&C found something that worked they stuck with it. I think we can be confident of this item.</br>
David Weatherston
Towser, Toronto
C&C 27 Mk IV

Last edited by (2017-10-25 13:25:25)

David Weatherston
Towser, Toronto
C&C 27 Mk IV

#2 2017-12-13 01:04:47

Katara

Re: Cutless/cutless bearing specs

http://www.marinecatalogue.ca/#396

Paynes Marine Group