C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2020-08-17 05:12:50

JWente

Mast Partners / Mast Step question

a question from a new owner of a 1978 MK III

The boat is finally in the water after about 14 months of repair and going over things. Hoping to cruise Penobscott Bay in two weeks assuming no major hiccups.

One thing I noticed is that the mast butt is not permanently attached to the partners (it’s just retained by a couple pins - one fire and one aft). 

Is that a common set up?  I pounded a couple of wooden shims in side to side to keep the mast twisting in partner channel wondering if I should do something more. 

Thanks for your help.  Learning much my doing...

Drew

#2 2020-08-25 02:51:25

davidww1

Re: Mast Partners / Mast Step question

What you have is normal and what you have done is right. The casting at the foot of the mast sits in  U-shaped channel with s/s pins fore and aft to locate it securely. Most people don't seem to shim the mast to prevent twisting, but I think it's a good idea. One additional thing you can do is to make the rubber tubing in the spreader sockets a very tight fit. The less your spreaders move fore and aft, the less your shroud tension will vary from tack to tack.

David Weatherston
Towser, Toronto
C&C 27 Mk IV

David Weatherston
Towser, Toronto
C&C 27 Mk IV

Board footer