C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2008-07-20 21:02:49

windyday

Refit: replacing manual bilge pump hose

I had to pull the smelly, old yellow corregated 1.5" ID manual bilge pump hose out of the bilge. To fit under the cabin sole where it comes forward from the engine space, the hose on a Mk II has to be compressed slightly. I removed the cabinetry to get my hands in, but still could not pull it out. Ended up cutting it there and pulling from both ends. I'll be cleaning out the bilge crud there somehow. Any suggestions for replacing with new 1.5" hose through that slight bottleneck?

---------
1974 C&C 27 Mk II in PEI

---------------------

1974 Mark II C&C 27

#2 2008-07-21 01:27:52

davidww1

Re: Refit: replacing manual bilge pump hose

I've done this twice (wrecked the first replacement hose while doing other work). What made it slightly easier was clearing out the rubbish and smoothing out the rough edges of glass that I could reach. We then tied line to the hose end in a bridle arrangement (to make the pull as centred as possible) and passed it through from under the engine to the bilge. We then simultaneously pushed on the hose and pulled the line. An alternating push/pull/wiggle helped.

David Weatherston
Towser, Toronto
C&C 27 Mk IV

David Weatherston
Towser, Toronto
C&C 27 Mk IV

#3 2008-07-21 05:36:01

windyday

Good ideas as usual, Dave, Thanks.

---------
1974 C&C 27 Mk II in PEI

---------------------

1974 Mark II C&C 27

#4 2021-03-10 13:26:28

Is the current yellow corrugated hose heat resistant? Mine runs under the engine. It has a hole in it near the engine so I wondered if it has melted or was just rubbing against something?  I, as well, tried to pull it out but it doesn't really want to come out.   
I initially thought my Whale Gusher 10 needed new valves but it is working fine after just being cleaned up. That's when i discovered the hose problem.
This is obviously just another example of a job that should take two hours that turns into a weekend.

Rick

#5 2021-03-10 14:30:18

pableaux

I changed the one in my 1986 MkV  2 years ago. Basically they are expired.  It was supposed to be flexible, but I tried to move it a little and it cracked.  In my boat it is NOT routed under the engine.

#6 2022-01-08 21:55:13

disailor

My gusher pump is mounted horizontally inside the transom. In this position there is still  about 1/4 to 1/3 full of seawater remaining after pumping stops. It was so completely corroded inside sections under the rubber flap valves crumbled. Total junk.

Board footer