C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2011-05-01 06:57:06

KenPole

Manual bilge pump O-ring

Like most of the earlier 27s, mine came with the manual pump set into the cockpit sole. It continues to work just fine but there is a large O-ring in the top which seems to serve a double purpose, i.e. it seals the area and also seems to retain the cover plate. Does anyone know what the model number is so that I can buy a new O-ring? Thanks in advance.
Ken Pole, Ottawa
1975 Mark III Santiva

Last edited by (2011-05-14 06:30:29)

Ken Pole, Ottawa
1975 Mark III Santiva

#2 2011-05-02 10:19:24

davidww1

Re: Manual bilge pump O-ring

You might find something faster if you measured the plate and the recess around it then went to an industrial supply house with the information. There's bound to be an O-ring that would do the job, at a fraction of the price of buying a part from Whale.

David Weatherston
Towser, Toronto
C&C 27 Mk IV

David Weatherston
Towser, Toronto
C&C 27 Mk IV

#3 2011-05-02 10:28:58

KenPole

Have exhausted suppliers in the Ottawa area, including pump retailers/servicers. Will try further afield, including Whale. But thanks anyway.
Ken Pole, Ottawa
1975 Mark III Santiva

Ken Pole, Ottawa
1975 Mark III Santiva

#4 2011-05-02 11:46:30

davidww1

Try NASA - I understand they're experts in O-rings.

David Weatherston
Towser, Toronto
C&C 27 Mk IV

David Weatherston
Towser, Toronto
C&C 27 Mk IV

#5 2011-05-09 07:17:17

wrapper

I have had excellent results finding O-Rings at

http://www.acklandsgrainger.com

Allan
Cygnus
C&C 27 Hull 518

Allan
Cygnus
C&C 27 Hull 518

#6 2011-05-09 23:50:35

clanning

Ken, there's an Acklands Grainger store out on Hawthorne, near Princess Auto.  (Let us know what its like, I've never been in.)

Cheers,

Chuck
Chuck Lanning

NSC, Ottawa

Chuck Lanning
C&C 27 Mk V, Chivas & Champagne
NSC, Ottawa

#7 2011-05-11 12:41:35

chriswheat

Another excellent scource of industrial supplies (o-rings included) is McMaster Carr. http://www.mcmaster.com/# I've gotten many supplies from them for my boat, such as new ss prop shaft. Worth a look.
Chriswheat Second Wind

Chesapeake Bay MD

Chriswheat Second Wind
Chesapeake Bay MD

#8 2011-05-13 22:23:54

KenPole

Thanks for the Acklands Grainger reference. Given that it's been in its current location for five years, according to the sales rep, I must have driven past it dozens of times without noticing it, en route to Princess Auto. That being said, they were able to confirm that they have the apropriate O-ring in their catalogue and I've ordered half a dozen in case others at NSC have need. See you on the water.
Ken Pole, Ottawa
1975 Mark III Santiva

Ken Pole, Ottawa
1975 Mark III Santiva

#9 2011-05-14 06:32:43

foroadmin
Administrator

Could you give us a description or part number? I've long thought of making a Black Arts page that lists odd-ball items like this.

Thanks,
- Admin

#10 2011-05-16 02:30:16

wrapper

http://www.oringsusa.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=471&osCsid=na4rbtr86vq06rou5jdugegfl5

This is a good guide to buy o-rings by size

I have never bought from them, but I use this as a reference to find part numbers to buy from Ackland Granger. They seem to have every O-ring I ever asked them for.  In Montreal, they order from Toronto.

Allan
Cygnus
C&C 27 Hull 518

Allan
Cygnus
C&C 27 Hull 518

#11 2011-05-16 04:30:48

oasis

I think an item listing sources for unusual or hard to get parts is a great idea. Sometimes there is only one supplier, but more often there are lots, its just that we never thought of looking there for boat parts!

Barry, Oasis, 1987 Mk V

#12 2011-05-16 08:00:22

foroadmin
Administrator

We now have a Parts page with one (1!) listing. More are needed to make a credible page. How about the size of the Allen screws that hold the cutless bearing in place? Or the ones that secure stanchions? If you have to buy something odd or fiddly for your boat, let us know about it – purpose, part number, where you got it, etc.

Thank you.
- Admin

Board footer