C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2011-07-11 03:54:08

woodenr

Rhapsody - C&C 27 Mk 3 for sale

I am planning on listing Rhapsody for sale in the next few weeks...  This is due to changes in the rest of my life that keep me from sailing often enough to make owning the boat worthwhile.
I have not yet done any cleanup, but thought that I’d advise this list in case anyone is really interested.  Rhapsody is a very solid boat that has been extensively sailed on Lake Michigan; mostly single handed.  I just returned from participation in the Solo Chicago-Mackinac race (did not finish this year, but that was the fault of the captain/weather, not the boat); this is the fourth start with 2 finishes in this race.  Several other distance races have completed such as the LMSS qualifier and the GLSS Scramble with decent results.
Some details:
•    1975 model boat, built in 1974.  Hull #CCY274660974
•    Pretty good sail inventory (new Dacron #1, very good pentax laminate #1 and #3, 2 Dacron mains, brand new symmetrical spinnaker flown 20 minutes)
•    Factory wheel steering with older (works very well) autopilot
•    Storm anchor and storm Jib
•    Full set of gear available for offshore/distance racing (life raft, Solas rockets and flares, other safety gear, backup VHF antenna, backup navigation lights, etc)
•    Good bottom, barrier coated (Interprotect 2000), with VC17m
•    Added self tailing winches by helm for jib/spin sheets
•    Painted topsides, needs repaint/touchup (will do this as part of cleanup)
•    Good solid later version Atomic 4; Model 5101 Serial 192884.  No overheating or issues known.  I just motored for 24 hours straight
•    New prop shaft, strut, cutlass bearing 3 years ago, rebuilt Martec folding prop
•    Icom VHF with remote helm microphone
•     Raymarine ST40 depth and speed
•    Garmin handheld chart plotter (with boat power and mount) with Lake Michigan charts loaded.
•    Some softness near starboard chainplates
•    Interior is very original and dated (especially the upholstery)
•    Multiple electrical bilge pumps and hand pump
•    Lots of other gear

Comes with an older trailer that was designed for highway use, maintenance is probably required before taking on any long trips.  Trailer has rig for lifting mast as well as extension for ramp launch (I have stepped the mast and ramp launched with these items; although this is typically done with the travel lift for storage).  Also included are bent conduits to go in the stanchion bases that (with the mast on the provided braces) make a frame for the tarp (provided) for winter storage.

Boat is at Racine Reefpoint marina in the water; available for sailing.  I am thinking about asking $12,000 for everything (input on pricing invited).  If I list this boat on EBay (next step after cleanup and “polish”) I am thinking about separating some of the expensive items (such as the liferaft and the brand new light air spinnaker) and getting the asking price below $10,000.

Contact rwooden@savvyconsultants.com

Bob Wooden
Rhapsody – C&C 27 Mk 3 

If anyone is interested advise.  If I were to sell the boat less some of the gear or sails I would offer those to this group before listing on EBay or whatever…

Board footer