C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2014-01-18 03:48:32

Sailorone

everything about batteries

HI
Having had my C&C 27 Mk III for two years now we feel the time is right to start exploring a little further afield than the evening or afternoon cruise. One thing that worries me though is having enough battery power. I would like to upgrade the system (currently have a starter and a house battery) to make certain I can charge the batteries quickly and know how depleted they are. Can anyone refer me to a good website regarding calculations and what devices are needed to monitor the system? Is the original alternator sufficient to charge the batteries? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Mike
Ottawa, ON

Mike, Captain of Blue Star
Ottawa, ON

#2 2014-01-18 09:55:09

KenPole

Re: everything about batteries

Suggest you try the "advice and articles" link on the westmarine.com website. You might also consider getting a copy of Sailboat Electronics Simplified by Don Casey. I found both helpful when doing a total rewire, a key element of which was replacing all incandescent bulbs and fixtures with LEDs. The only incandescent bulb I have left is the steaming light, which will be converted in the spring. You running diesel or A4? Cheers.
Ken Pole, Ottawa
1975 Mark III Santiva

Ken Pole, Ottawa
1975 Mark III Santiva

#3 2014-01-19 00:35:28

Sailorone

Hi Ken
Where are you a member, Britannia or Nepean? We might be neighbours.
I have the A4. Had it tuned up last summer by Peter the mechanic and it runs very well. Thanks for the links. I will look into them.

Mike
Ottawa, ON

Ottawa, ON

#4 2014-01-19 01:10:16

KenPole

NSC.
Ken Pole, Ottawa
1975 Mark III Santiva

Ken Pole, Ottawa
1975 Mark III Santiva

#5 2014-01-24 10:49:36

KenPole

I neglected to ask you where you're berthed.
Ken Pole, Ottawa
1975 Mark III Santiva

Ken Pole, Ottawa
1975 Mark III Santiva

#6 2014-01-25 04:30:40

Sailorone

WE are in slip C61. The name of the boat is Blue Star.

Mike, captain of the Blue Star
Ottawa, ON

Ottawa, ON

Board footer