C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2022-08-22 11:09:18

Installing Raymarine autohelm ST2000 on tiller

Hi all,

I am trying to install the ST2000 on my tiller (C&C 27 Mark II) and due to its curve (starting from the cockpit floor gracefully bending up to the cockpit seat level) none of the "official" brackets to lift the pin to the autopilot are long enough. They stop at 6 inches but I'm looking at going at least 9 inches up.   

The solution of course is to make my own, but I was wondering if anyone else out there encountered the same problem and whether a custom bracket is the way they went.  I've seen pictures of the tiller being raised because the lowered tiller may hit the cockpit lockers on both sides.

As an FYI, making a search on the web for "C&C 27 ST2000" came up with the story of Sesiya being donated to the Able Sail program at the Nepean Sailing Club, and I actually noticed in one of the picture the said bracket. Obviously custom made and rising at least 9 inches.  I'll try to see if I can find it docked at the Club and take measurement but still very interested in anyone who solved that problem?

A further question, has anyone needed and extension to the piston arm?

Patrick

Last edited by SailinginOttawa (2022-08-22 11:10:24)

Board footer