C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2007-03-13 13:06:02

shaft diameter , mkll

I am contemplating a Martec folding prop for my Mkll,  I find the shaft to be 7/8" they suggest 12x6x7/8.  Any of you folks who say different on the diameter?      R. Meyer.

#2 2007-03-14 00:43:21

KenPole

Re: shaft diameter , mkll

Shaft from my A-4 is 7/8.
Ken Pole
1975 Mark III Santiva
Ottawa

Ken Pole, Ottawa
1975 Mark III Santiva

#3 2007-03-14 05:10:01

I have a 7/8 shaft on my MKlll, with an Atomic 4 engine I use an 11 x 5 Martac folding Prop...it allows the engine, when crusing along to run at a better (slightly higher) rpm range.  I know another boat owner with an Atomic 4 engine and he changed to the 5 pitch and is very happy with it.
The C&C27 is a light boat and you do not need a lot to push it.
"IRIS"
1975 C&C 27 MKlll
Hull # 453
Kittery Point, Maine

#4 2007-03-20 13:42:11

woodenr

Hello,
I have a Mk III with the direct drive Atomic 4.  I had the original (as best I can tell) prop, a folding michigan blue dot 12X5.  The builders file shows that there was a 12X5 folding prop instead of the standard when built.  I always thought that this prop was a bit large, as the A4 seemed to "lug", unable to come up to decent RPMs (no tachometer, but I've spent a lot of time around old gas engines).  I have a factory rebuilt Martec 11X5 ready to go on, we'll see how it goes.
Just one opinion.
Bob Wooden - Rhapsody in Wisconsin

[As I noted in "List of Props", I've added a table of boats, engines and props to Black Arts. I'd appreciate it if all of you could follow up after you've got a bit of running time in and let us all know how the new props work out. - Admin]

Last edited by (2007-03-21 00:06:07)

Board footer