C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2008-05-14 23:25:25

Instrument Panel problems

Last night, while the motor was off, the instrument panel lights & buzzer for oil and temperature would come on.  I would turn the key ON and then OFF and it would stop for a few minutes, but then start up again.  Has anyone experienced this?  Is it a short in the instrument panel or ignition switch or what?  Any help/advice would be appreciated.

Charlie Rouse,   Mark V, "Gemini"

#2 2008-05-16 03:24:33

Yves

Re: Instrument Panel problems

Hi,

It sounds like shortcut in ignition  switch. Have you tried to disconnect it and use an ohm meter

to check for shortcut? If shortcut is in ignition switch, removing it should stop  buzzer to come on.

Removing this switch is  easy.

Good luck,

Yves

MKV

#3 2008-05-16 03:41:50

Thanks for your response. I believe it was a short in the ignition switch. I planned to replace one part at a time to find the problem. I began with the ignition switch (easiest and least expensive), and the problem stopped - for now. So I think it was a short in the switch.  Thanks again.

#4 2008-05-27 01:03:37

wrapper

I had a short where the wiring harness came in touch with the exhaust system.  It melted insulation and casued a short.  For me the guaged acted funny.
Be carefull if you have an elecric feul pump as it might be running continally and if the carbarator float fails, you could have a bilge full of gas (if you had the Atomic 4)Allan
Cygnus
C&C 27 Hull 518

Allan
Cygnus
C&C 27 Hull 518

Board footer