C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2004-03-07 22:31:36

foroadmin
Administrator

Toronto NOOD - Level Racing

<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt">n" size=3>A new regatta is coming to Toronto this summer.  Sailing World’s NOOD Regattas is holding their first Canadian NOOD Regatta at the Royal Canadian Yacht Club, in cooperation with Ashbridges Bay and National Yacht Clubs, from June 25 to June 27, 2004.n" size=3>
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt">
If we can bring at least 6 boats to the start line, we will be given our own level division and beyond that, the more the merrier!!
There will also be much merriment back at the docks post racing.
Among other things, this will be a great lead-in/warm-up for the always excellent C & C Owners’ Regatta at NYC the following weekend.
If you have a race calendar going, please add this special event to it.  If you don’t have a calendar going, this would be a great place to start!!  There are lots of us out there so let’s get together and help make this initiative a success on the Canadian side of the border.
For further info, please contact Kathleen Timmis (Kat’s-Paw I)  416-366-5100 and/or the RCYC at 416-967-7245 and ask for the Sailing Office and/or  see <A href="http://www.rcyc.ca">www.rcyc.ca</A> and/or <A href="http://www.sailingworld.com">www.sailingworld.com</A>.
Hope to see you on the water!

#2 2004-04-19 05:10:05

foroadmin
Administrator

Re: Toronto NOOD - Level Racing

Update: April 19, 2004:
There are currently 4 boats planning to atend this event.  Just 2 more for our own start!
Gord.

#3 2004-04-20 00:10:06

You can count Legacy in for this regatta and I am pretty sure that Yogi will also be attending, does this give you 6 boats?

#4 2004-04-20 00:44:04

Hi Bob,
Actually, Legacy, Yogi, Selene and Kat's Paw are the 4 expected so we still need 2 more.
G&gt;

#5 2004-04-20 05:03:18

If the MkVs and other 27s are on the same fleet, I'm planning to go. 
John Ferreira
Blue Heron - C&C 27 Mk V.

#6 2004-04-20 05:26:36

Gord,
Scalliwag plans on sailing the NOOD regatta and then sleeping over at National until the Owner's regatta.
Bruce Peever

#7 2004-04-20 06:47:27

foroadmin
Administrator

John,
I don't know if the various Mark's will be racing level or not.  I'll have to look into it and get back.
Any thoughts from other participants (current or hopeful) on the different mark's racing level as per last years EYC (I think) regatta?
Gord.

#8 2004-04-20 13:06:25

There is a real shortage of 27s racing out there.  If the MkVs can join with
the older 27s we have a much better shot at a decent fleet.

I thought that last year's EYC event was quite good, even though they applied a
PHRF rating to the 27s.  But at least we had a good fleet showing up. 
I don't mind racing PHRF, but if they are just going to toss us in with
a mixed set of other non-C&C 27s, it won't be worth going. 

I would like to see the same thing done for Youngstown - even though that
one would be level racing. 

#9 2004-04-21 02:33:19

I'm in favor of having the C&C27 MkV's sailing with us as long as we can rate it like we did at etobicoke last year. This will give us a C&C27 Start and finish without the other boats.
Bob Wilson
Legacy

Board footer