C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2013-08-28 23:27:25

Chapman

Need Genoa / Main for Mark III for cruising

I am looking for a replacement of my very old rags for continued cruising. Prefer sails Jib /Genoa with rope track for the furler. I am located in GTA to Niagara.

Fair Winds

S/V Manana

[Our Forum software is older-generation and does not give good feedback when it's digesting a post. Please give it a minute before clicking 'Submit' a second time. Duplicate post is now deleted. - Admin]

Last edited by (2013-08-29 12:24:55)

Greg Chapman
74 Mark 3 Manana
Niagara-On-The-Lake Sailing Club

#2 2013-09-07 06:44:43

mkeene

Re: Need Genoa / Main for Mark III for cruising

I have Mark III that I bough two years ago.  I added some sails and now have an extra #1 and #2 genny with luff tape for roller furling and a full batten main (without the battens)that I can offer up for your consideration.  They were make by Fogh.  Sails have some age but were all checked at a sailmaker and re-sown a couple years ago at a cost of $400 and are still serviceable. All for $300 plus shipping from the states. I also have a main that I will give away as well with short battens.  If you want pictures let me know. I get to the Buffalo area every few weeks if you want to view the sails first and take them.
Matt  Keene 
MkIII #733
Brockport Yacht Club

Matt  Keene 
MkIII #733
Brockport Yacht Club

#3 2013-09-30 11:56:41

dmartis

I have an older main sail that was the spare with the Mark 3 I bought.  I also have a lightweight 170% genoa with hanks - you'd have to put a luff tape on it but could be a good sail for light air.

I'm in Burlington, Ontario - let me know if you'd be interested in coming by to have a look.

Dan Martis
Dream Catcher
Oakville, Ontario
Mark 3, Hull #636

Dan Martis
Dream Catcher
Oakville, Ontario
Mark 3, Hull #636

#4 2014-01-04 06:10:13

Chapman

Hi Matt, Thanks for the email sorry for the late reply.

I would be interested in your sails if you still want to sell them. I am quick drive to Buffalo if you want to meet up.

On an aside we sailed into Brockport a few years ago. It was an excellent place, tough to sail into if you don't know the channel though!

Greg Chapman
74 Mark 3 Manana

#5 2014-01-04 06:12:47

Chapman

Dan Thanks for the post. I think I found what I needed. Fair winds

Greg Chapman
74 Mark 3 Manana

#6 2014-01-12 03:07:29

mkeene

Hi, The sails are still available. Let's work out the details of the transfer outside of the forum.  You can directly email me at mkeene(at)rochester.rr(dot)com and we will find a time to get together.

I am glad you got to see Brockport Yacht Club, the somewhat shallow channel is the main reason I went with the 27, 4 1/2 feet of draft lets me have a longer sailing season than any of the 5'+ drafts guys.

I did organize the club project a few years ago(might be 6) to pull out many of the rocks and install channel markers to show the deeper part of the channel.  If that was after you visited, you'll find it has gotten much easier to not go aground.

Cheers -
Matt

Matt  Keene 
MkIII #733
Brockport Yacht Club

Board footer