C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2022-06-24 10:25:22

CC27RedSurge

Mast Part

I have now owned a lovely '79 MKIII  for a year and am slowly getting things that were neglected back up to standard. My request is, What is the proper name of the piece in the mast that keeps the main sail hanks in the slide and keeps the goose neck down?  And then where would be the best place to get one?

Thank in advance for any help
Art

#2 2022-06-24 12:01:23

pablorusjan

Re: Mast Part

Hello,
I do not know the name, but the description is clear enough. Give a phone call to Klacko; https://www.klackospars.com/
Regards
Pablo

S/V Mystic
MkV #138

#3 2022-06-27 00:02:15

brianb

it is a sail slug stopper! any online or brick and mortar marina will have or can get them.
that said a lot of the c&c 27's I've seen just have a 3/8 thick piece of bakalite with a screw through it. you loosen the screw and turn to open or close.
the gooseneck may have a small piece of aluminum or stainless above and below it, that slides into the track or just between the rails that screws into the mast.
this would be much easier if I could figure how to post pics.
if you leave your email I can send some

1978 c&c 27 mkiii h#726
port stanley Ontario

#4 2022-06-27 08:16:01

foroadmin
Administrator

Hello Brian,
To post a pic, just click "Uploads"  (option more right below) under this "text area" where we write the post and the tags appear automatically.
Regards
Pablo

#5 2022-06-27 21:21:19

brianb

hope this worksmini_IMG_8784.jpg the stop under the gooseneck is the same as the one on top hope this helps. thanks for the instructions pablo

1978 c&c 27 mkiii h#726
port stanley Ontario

#6 2022-07-09 18:16:09

CC27RedSurge

Thanks Everyone

#7 2022-07-11 14:31:37

Superior Blue

RedSurge - the baklite fitting was also missing on our boat, and I purchases an aftermarket slide stop with a thumb screw that held it in place.  But the downward pressure of the sail slide when the sail was furled caused the slide to slip out and lost overboard.  More than once. 

I then used a pencil rubbing to trace the gap in the mast sail slide, including the exact location of the threaded screw.  Cut several plastic sail slide stops out of a plastic sheet, and drilled the hole for the screw.  No problems since then.  Still need a screwdriver to remove the sail slide stop, but at least the stops are going overboard.

Phil Peterson
Superior Blue
1973 C&C 27 Mk II
Bayfield, WI

Board footer