C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2004-06-01 15:09:23

the ice locker...

Hi
Can anyone tell me anything about the ice locker?  Mine does not seem to drain and I am not able to figure out where it would drain if it did.  Has anyone done any cool modifications that might improve a rather unsuccesful use of space?  I read somewhere that someone had turned it into a nav table.  I dont think we will go that far but a functioning fridge might be nice.  or just a good cooler...
Thanks
Alex

#2 2004-06-02 01:33:29

Re: the ice locker...

Your ice locker should drain into your bilge. If it is not draning then your line to the bilge must be plugged. I installed a Nova Cool refidgeration system into my cooler and it works great, I always have cold beer on board and I can make my own ice cubes.

#3 2004-06-02 01:41:47

davidww1

You don't mention the vintage of your boat (important as the boats differ in many details) but my Mk IV's ice box drains from the forward bottom into a hose that's foamed-in under the box, but emerges just aft of the front of the engine box. This hose runs across the boat, forward of the engine bearers, and joins a small white pump under the sink. To drain the ice box, you put the end of the outflow hose in the sink and pump. The virtue of this system when it works is that you are not draining water contaminated by old lettuce and bits of salami into your bilge.

Your most likely problem is that the pump is kaput. Try connecting a different pump and clearing the box that way. If your drain hose is blocked (dead food, most likely), you might be able to clear it by disconnecting the pump and inserting a piece of electrical wire in the drain end, then pushing the blockage through. On the other hand, with a good pump, you might be able to suck the blockage out.

The other option is a built in cooling system like the Adler-Barbour – no ice, therefore little to mop out of the ice box. The Association head, Bob Wilson of Legacy has one and he is very happy with it.

David Weatherston
Towser, Toronto
C&C 27 Mk IV

David Weatherston
Towser, Toronto
C&C 27 Mk IV

#4 2004-06-02 14:31:50

I think we are a MK 1.  The reason I get confused is we have a twin who moors near us and it is a MK 1 but our mast is taller.  So origionally we thought we must be a 2 but I think we are #187 or something.  I wonder if the previous owner didnt dismantle it or something.  I would love to put in refridgeration! 
We are on the West Coast does anyone have an idea of whom to contact for such a job?

#5 2004-06-03 00:40:50

On my Mark 2, hull # 322, there is a hose attached to the drain outlet in the ice chest. this hose leads to a hand pump under the galley sink and then leads to the sink drain hose.
I have refrigeration (AC) and found that there is no insulation under the ice chest top adjacent to the lid. This area is approximately 12" x 18". I glued in a piece of foam insulation 1" thick, which does not interfere with the sliding container within the chest. It certainly appears to be working as I no longer get condensation on the top of the counter in this area.
Bob Honsberger    Burlington  Ontario
"Budge"  C&C 27/2

Board footer