C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2012-04-28 07:29:48

bosco

Cockpit drain hoses

Does anyone know of an economical source in Canada to replace the cockpit drain hoses on my Mk 111?

Clare Jordan   Aragorn

Clare Jordan,
Stormont Yacht Club,
Long Sault

#2 2012-04-28 08:25:52

davidww1

Re: Cockpit drain hoses

Clare,

We had a long thread about this some years back with savings on the order of 10 or 15%, then someone weighed in with the story of having ordered a slew of different types of hose from Defender at something like half of the prices quoted by other sources, and all cut to precise lengths priced by the inch, so the fellow wasn't paying for hose beyond need. Unfortunately, I can't find it by searching "Defender", and "hose" returns 580 posts, which isn't helpful. The thread may be in the archived posts.

I sympathize with the desire to find a Canadian source, but it probably all comes from the same factory (in Mexico) anyway. Just don't let them ship UPS - they will clip you an outrageous $40 or $50 "brokerage" fee.

David Weatherston
Towser, Toronto
C&C 27 Mk IV

David Weatherston
Towser, Toronto
C&C 27 Mk IV

#3 2012-04-28 08:34:42

bosco

Thanx Dave,
Perhaps someone else will respond.
CJ

Clare Jordan,
Stormont Yacht Club,
Long Sault

#4 2012-04-28 21:25:30

ALAN FORD

Clare and David , I'm sure that your searching skills are far better than mine, but I tried "cockpit drain" ( no S) and "cockpit drains"  ( with an S)  and they produce two exchanges between you in 2005.  They overlap in places, and do not have Defender's 'by the inch'  proposal, but may be of help anyway?
Alan of SMOKE 1984 Mk V 002

Alan of SMOKE 1984 Mk V 002

#5 2012-04-30 10:18:58

Clare, I would try Holland Marine in Missi.  They have lots of different options in their catalogue.  You can call 905-891-1639 or the web site at hollandmarine.com.  I find they have some unique parts I have not been able to find at other marine stores.
Mark Reed
Night Music, C&C 27 Mk III #785
BSBC
Burlington, ON

Board footer