C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2008-08-26 09:02:27

Lifeline gate hardware

I have an early mk 1, Knocked off my life line gate hardware on a wall today. Anyone have a line on a source for replacement? It's a fairly elaborate folding hook with a slide ring to secure it. Haven't been able to find anything that looks like it. Appreciate any leads.

Thanks Andy

Andy Schmelling

#2 2008-08-29 00:08:36

davidww1

Re: Lifeline gate hardware

My lifeline hardware was made by Merriman, now long gone. Your manufacturer may have suffered the same fate; certainly, I haven't seen that sliding ring design for decades.

I replaced my lifelines and associated hardware with new stainless pelican hooks from Johnson. They incorporate a lever action in the hook that allows you to make the gate tighter with much less effort. They're a great improvement over the originals.

David Weatherston
Towser, Toronto
C&C 27 Mk IV

David Weatherston
Towser, Toronto
C&C 27 Mk IV

#3 2008-08-29 01:07:36

Re: Lifeline gate hardware

Thanks David, I'm afraid you're probably right. I'm leaning towards the Johnson Pelican hooks myself right now.

Board footer