C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2013-07-05 00:54:45

BatGuano

Batten size Mark III Main

I am missing all four of my battens on my mainsail which appears to be factory, I was about to order some online but I don't know the size I am looking for. My main isn't fully battened and as I've indicated, appears to be the original factory sail. Anyone know offhand the batten sizes?
Alan Richards
Runaway, Mk III hull 804
Holyrood, NL

Alan Richards
Runaway, Mk III hull 804
Somewhere, NL

#2 2013-07-05 05:31:21

davidww1

Re: Batten size Mark III Main

C&C didn't do "factory" the way companies now do (container-loads of sails from the Orient). Instead, they had deals with the major lofts for a suit of sails at different performance levels. You chose your loft and you got a slightly discounted suit of sails - which, remember, were locally made, with variations to suit the prejudices of the local sailmaker. What one customer got in Toronto would probably be quite different from what someone got in Rochester (different loft, different sail with - probably - different batten pockets). You're going to have to measure.

David Weatherston
Towser, Toronto
C&C 27 Mk IV

David Weatherston
Towser, Toronto
C&C 27 Mk IV

#3 2013-07-05 07:07:46

BatGuano

That explains why I couldn't find any info online. I was at work and Runaway was in another town, so I was hoping there was a quick answer, but it seems I will have to wait till I get out there and measure.

Thanks for the quick reply
Alan Richards
Runaway, Mk III hull 804
Holyrood, NL

Alan Richards
Runaway, Mk III hull 804
Somewhere, NL

#4 2013-07-08 06:57:43

dmartis

I just replaced the middle two battens on my main, and just bought standard 1.25" wide plastic battens and cut them to suit by measuring.  The middle two were around 30" and I think the standard sizes were 30, 36 and 40" - I bought 40" just to be safe and cut them down and rounded the corners, which seems to work fine.

Dan Martis
Dream Catcher
Oakville, Ontario
Mark 3, Hull #636

Dan Martis
Dream Catcher
Oakville, Ontario
Mark 3, Hull #636

Board footer